The EnGenius ENS500 High-Powered, Long-Range 5 GHz Wireless N300 Outdoor Client Bridge operates in the 5 GHz frequency band, so it avoids the congested wireless traffic from devices on the more commonly used 2.4 GHz frequency band. This unit is a high-speed, long-range outdoor 802.11n Wireless N300 Client Bridge and Access Point suitable for building-to-building wireless bridging, for stable streaming of video from connected IP security cameras in parking lots or garages back to a company network, or for sending data to outdoor digital signage.
The ENS500 Outdoor Client Bridge is compliant with the IEEE802.11 a/n standard delivering a wireless data rate of up to 300 Mb/s. It features an internal directional 10 dBi MIMO (Multiple In/Multiple Out) antenna that is coupled with its strong transmit power of up to 400mW. This ENS500 Outdoor Client Bridge can also be used in other operational modes, such as an access point. When used as an access point, it should be positioned in such a way, because of its more focused directional antenna signal array, to offer wireless network connectivity to a more defined outdoor venue rather than a more general outdoor area around it.
The ENS500 Outdoor Client Bridge also features a robust security feature set that includes support for WPA/WPA2 Personal and Enterprise encryption, 802.1x RADIUS authentication, hidden SSID, and MAC address filtering.
The ENS500 Outdoor Client Bridge also features an IP65-rated weatherproof housing that ensures continued operation in harsh outdoor environments or in climates of extreme cold, heat, or continuous moisture.
- High 400mW Transmit Power Delivers Long-Range Coverage
- Ensures robust signal to achieve long range, offers good wireless network coverage, and suitable for point-to-point wireless bridging to other buildings
- Up to 300 Mb/s Wireless Speed & Backward Compatible to 802.11a
- Up to 300 Mb/s when connected to another 5 GHz Wireless N300 device, complies with IEEE802.11a/n standards
- Built-In Directional Antenna Maximizes Wireless Connectivity
- Internal 10 dBi directional antenna with dual polarity design with a focused beam array for targeting other outdoor client bridges or providing wireless network connectivity to a specific outdoor area in Access Point mode
- SSID-to-VLAN Tagging
- Can be configured to broadcast up to 4 SSIDs; each SSID can be tagged to a specified company network VLAN for different user access based on established access rights